Some important changes before we get underway with today’s Mentally Sexy Update.
1. Mentally Sexy Monday is no more. I have received a large number of submissions and will start to put up more than one entry a week. I’m not exactly sure how this will happen just yet but I may have to upload new entries as they come in. I’ll keep you updated but no entry will miss out!
2. The wearing of Mentally Sexy Clothing is now optional. I have made this decision because there are a number of entries coming in with pics already attached and there are a few entrants by wives trying to surprise their husbands (can’t wait to see their faces!).
Wow. It’s been a long day. When I first started this little shindig I wasn't even sure if anyone would turn up. I walked nervously into Grashan Screen Printing with my first pair of Bond's underwear and whispered to the nice lady behind the counter, 'I would like to get Most Mentally Sexy printed on these, please,' and before I could stop myself, added, 'They're for a friend... a buck's night' and then, still feeling just a tad insecure finished with, 'He's a bit of an idiot...'.
Today, as I was dropping off another fifteen pairs of Bonds’ best I couldn't help but reflect on the fact that the nice lady must now think that I am just a nervous little liar with a strange underwear fetish.
I was nervous again today as I wandered into Channel Ten's TV land but, strangely, I felt some comfort holding on to two pairs of Mentally Sexy Underwear. When I handed them over to The Circle Producer Samantha Hastie I felt like a little boy must feel when someone takes away his security blanket - like chucking a massive hissy-fit. Luckily, Sam has two kids of her own and engaged me with the distraction technique by putting me in a room with Charlie and Carrie from the 7PM Project and I was able to forget about my underwear for a while as a make-up artist used a spray gun to take the shine of my baldness and by the time Charlie had given me some tips on staying cool on live TV and I'd read through Sam's notes I wasn't thinking about undies at all.
It was when I was just about to walk on set that I finally thought about how far this comp had come. People have turned up. A huge number of people. This little shindig has exceeded all my expectations and grown into a full-blown party.
If you’re new here… Welcome. Join the party. There are heaps of cool 80s clips to listen too, some freaky stories, some hot pics, and a growing band of great Dads who are doing amazing things for the families they love. You can just hang out and have some fun but if you’d like to join in promoting the comp you can help in several ways
- Enter yourself or your partner/husband by sending your Mentally Sexy Spiel here. To the right of this page you’ll find everything you need to know under the heading Get Mentally Sexy.
- Join the Mentally Sexy Fan Page and get your friends on board by clicking ‘suggest to friends’ under the Mentally Sexy Dad in the top left hand corner.
- Bookmark this page and visit often!
- You can use the buttons at the bottom of this page to promote the website all over cyberspace. Using Facebook, Twitter and Stumble Upon seems to work best.
I thought The Circle crew did a great job today. They really got the idea, had fun with it and made it accessible to a lot more people. When I saw the underwear sitting between Denise and Gorgi on the couch and then watched them make their way to the nether regions of the camera men I felt like the world was turning just right, the nerves disappeared, and I only stuffed up one question…
Get Mentally Sexy people! Or get left behind.